Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is listed by the EPA as one of the top environmental threats to human health. Many homes in our area are plagued by indoor air quality problems, primarily due to poorly performing cooling and heating systems. Leaking and dirty air ducts, lack of proper ventilation, effects of too much humidity and other imperfections can also affect the health of your home AND your family.
Total Air can diagnose and repair most problems associated with indoor air quality issues. Assessing your home’s safety and related health concerns is priority #1 with us. Our contractors are trained to recognize potential threats and imperfections causing IAQ issues. We solve problems of carbon monoxide build-up and system backdrafting, hot/cold spots, too much dust, mold and/or humidity, and other dangerous home system related issues that negatively affect the airflow in your home.
The quality of the air you breathe in your home should be a major concern when you select a cooling and heating contractor. You want a contractor who looks at the TOTAL PERFORMANCE OF YOUR HOME’S SYSTEM—safety, health, comfort and efficiency—not just one who will fix your immediate problem. You want TOTAL AIR.
What You Can Do Yourself
Homeowners can improve the air they and their family breathes in their own homes by doing these simple things:
- Do schedule year preventive maintenance on HVAC systems
- Remove sources of pollutants from your home
- Schedule painting, flooring and other projects that require chemical usage when you can properly ventilate your home by leaving the windows open
- Substitute low-emitting, green products whenever possible
- Get your air ducts cleaned and fix any duct leakage
- Remove and discard any damaged by water. This includes ceiling tiles, carpets, furnishings, and even wallboard
- Get your carpets cleaned regularly
- Live clean! General cleanliness